Since I have given up sugar I had to figure out how to accommodate my lovely sweet tooth, but not add in all that chocolate or processed stuff. This recipe was adapted from someone else (and I cannot find where I first found this, but will give credit when I do). But as usual, I always change things up to create my own version….
Banana Cream Puffs
Ingredients: For Cookie
1 cup ground old-fashioned oats
2 small or 1 large ripe banana (the browner the sweeter)
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 large egg whites or 1 whole egg
1 scoop (74g) Vanilla Whey protein powder (can omit)
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon cinnamon
Ingredients: For cream puff filling
1/2 scoop Vanilla protein powder
1/2 cup non-fat cottage cheese
2 tablespoons non-fat Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Pre-heat oven to 375*
2. Mash bananas, add in applesauce and eggs, mix together.
3. Add in oats, protein powder and cinnamon
4. Once combined, spoon out a heaping tablespoon sized scoops onto greased cookie sheet.
5. Bake 8-10 minutes
For cream puff filling:
1. Mix all ingredients together in a mini chopper
2. Spoon out onto cookie and mash together, creating the cream puff
Place in the freezer for 20-30 minutes. Remove when ready to eat and let sit for 5-10 minutes. Enjoy!!!
Serving Size: 14 cookies
Calories per cookie w/ filling 105
***Modifications: You can always omit the protein powder, which will drop the calories a bit***