I am an Italian girl who loves her pizza. We are a pizza loving family but cannot eat it every day of the week. The real stuff is full of fat and unnecessary calories that our body does not need. So, of course I had to find an alternative that was filling and good, without compromising taste.
I have made cauliflower pizza many times, but this one worked well, and stayed together nicely.
Here is what I have come up with and works for my family!
Garlic Herb Cauliflower Pizza
1 head of cauliflower, riced
2 Garlic & Herb Laughing Cow cheese wedges
2 egg whites
1-2 cups cheese of choice
1 cup of pizza sauce of choice (natural is better)
1 tablespoon Garlic pepper seasoning
Dash of sea salt
Basil, oregano and italian seasoning to taste
1. Rice the cauliflower (place into food processor and mix until you have rice sized pieces)
2. Melt the laughing cow cheese wedges slightly so you can mix it easily with the cauliflower
3. Add in egg whites and all seasonings
4. Spread onto a greased cookie sheet and spread out about 1/4 inch thick
5. Bake at 400* for 15 minutes. Watch so it does not burn
6. Remove and add toppings of your choice
7. Lower oven to 350* and bake about 15 additional minutes, possibly 20 depending on what was added
*This pizza was made without cheese. The toppings consist of turkey pepperoni, zucchini slices, and mushrooms and pizza sauce
Calories were not calculated either but my serving size was half the pizza. If I had to estimate, I would say no more than 500 calories for 1/2 the pizza.