Since adding “meatless Monday” dinners to our weekly menu, I have been trying to add an additional night of no meat protein. I have been looking at different quiches and had a bunch of veggies to use. Here is my creation:
Veggie Quiche with Flaxseed
-3 egg whites
-1 whole egg
-1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
-2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
1/4 cup white onion (or onion of choice)
1/2 cup mushrooms
1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
1 cup kale
1 medium zucchini or 1.5 cups
1-2 cloves of garlic
1. Saute onion until opaque and add garlic. Then add in mushrooms, red bell pepper, and zucchini. Cook until tender. Add EVOO and spices of your choice.
2. Add in kale and cook down.
3. Remove veggies and place in a large bowl
4. Add in ground flax seeds and eggs
5. Mix well and place into a greased pie pan
6. Bake at 400* for 15 minutes, or until cooked through. Don’t over cook or it will turn dry
**You can always add cheeses of your choice, feta, different veggies, spices and herbs!
Serving size: 4 slices
Calories per slice: 124